This year, all voting will be done through mail. The process will be very similar to prior years, but the timeline will be slightly different. Here are some important dates to be aware of:
- June 2020 – Chapters should have been provided an Initial Notice of Outstanding Balances statement.
- July 15, 2020 – Chapters provided Second Notice of Outstanding Balances.
- July 18 2020 – Certification Process Begins. All campaigning may only begin once a Candidate is certified.
- July 18, 2020 – Special Election Edition Michigander profiles are due
- July 20, 2020 – Special Election Edition of the Michigander published
- July 30, 2020 – Nomination Form due, if not turned in with the Certification Form
- July 31, 2020 – Membership Deadline for Delegate Determination
- August 1, 2020 – Meet the Candidates (MTC): Location to be determined by the Elections Committee
- August 1, 2020 – Ballots mailed to chapters
- September 1, 2020 – Ballots must be received and/or postmarked by September 1, 2020 by the Elections Committee
- September 11, 2020 – Final budget reports are due
- September 12, 2020 – Ballots will be opened and counted by the Elections Committee (This will be done at the Service Center)
- September 12, 2020 – Results Announced and Published
- October 9-11, 2020 – Swearing in of Elected Candidates
- October 11, 2020 – 2021 Appointments & Interest Meeting. Other meetings TBD by the 2021 Board Elects.
The Elections Committee notes changes to the Election Rules this year. Changes fall under the Campaigning rules, specifically under “social media.” There will no longer be a limit to the number of communication tools candidates can use. Communication from Campaign Pages can be shared on personal pages.
I wish all candidates luck through this process. Meet the Candidates will be held August 1, at a location announced by the Elections Committee before that date. However, regardless of location, MTC will available live for viewing online and with members being able to ask questions.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns, and I look forward to this year’s elections.
Jeri Leigh Levering
2020 Elections Chair