With a State Conference, JCI USA Empowerment Summit, and Annual Meetings… October is a busy month to be a Jaycee! This past weekend, we recognized the outstanding members, projects, and chapters from the last trimester. I want to thank each and every one of you who participated in a competition, presented an SPE, helped with judging, worked on your degrees, or completed your incentives.
The Second Trimester was the longest one of the year, and there were so many amazing things! It was great to see so many of your smiling faces via Zoom. Also, thank you to everyone who made training day and JCI Talks impactful parts of the weekend!
JCI USA Empowerment Summit and Annual Meeting
Now that we have wrapped up our JCI Michigan conference, it is time to look to the JCI USA Empowerment Summit and Annual Meeting. The event kicked off on October 11 with competitions, and it was great to see our competitors showing off their skills on the national stage. You can attend all the events virtually for the low price of $10! By being fully virtual, many members are able to participate in a national event without the cost, time off, and travel normally required. There are lots of great events planned but I wanted to spotlight some key events that you will not want to miss.
- Meet the 2021 JCI USA Candidates – Thursday, October 15th 8-10pm
- Active Citizen Framework Training, led by Jay Johnson – Friday October 16th 5-6:45 pm
- Remaining JCI USA 2019 Awards Ceremony – Friday October 16th 10pm – Midnight
- 2020 TOYA Panel, Including our very own Susan Dials – Saturday October 17th 11:15am-12:45pm
- General Assembly (aka Elections and Business Meeting) – Saturday October 17th 3:15-7pm
- Ten Outstanding Americans (TOYA) Celebration – Saturday October 17th 8-10pm
Delegates will vote to approve proposed Bylaw changes and to elect our 2021 National Officers during the General Assembly on Saturday afternoon. JCI Michigan will hold a virtual caucus via Zoom to discuss these items at 8:30am on Saturday, October 17. All members of JCI Michigan are invited to attend. I know it is early on a Saturday morning, but we wanted to schedule it after you had a chance to hear from the candidates on Thursday, and we did not want to overlap the trainings and other events that are being done as part of the Empowerment Summit!
Have a wonderful October and keep “bee”ing amazing!
Yours in Service,
Sarah K. Austin
96th President JCI Michigan